Agency / Organization:
Coquitlam Continuing Education, School District #43
Literacy Foundations Language Arts Levels 1 – 7:
• Companion Courses include Speaking & Listening 1 & 2, Writing 3 & 4, Writing 5 - 7
• Adults can upgrade English skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening
• Students should have some spoken English and be able to express basic ideas in written English
Literacy Foundations Information and Communications Technology:
• Ideal for the absolute beginner, this course will teach students basic keyboarding, email, word processing, and the internet. Students must have no prior computer knowledge and at least intermediate English listening and speaking skills.
Foundations Social Studies 5 – 7:
• Introduces learners to Canadian history, culture, geography & government while focusing on the development of active citizenship. Emphasis is placed on effective written, oral & research skills. This course helps those studying for the Canadian citizenship exam.
Client Profile / Eligibility Criteria:
Newcomers to Canada, 17 years of age or older, and approved for permanent residence.
Government Assisted refugees and Work Permit holders
In person assessment and registration required
Start Dates / Duration:
Varied start dates; 3 or 4 terms per year.
Free for most adults; visitors pay
Information, assessment and registration are available at:
380 Montgomery Street
Coquitlam, BC V3K 5G2