Agency / Organization:
Coquitlam Continuing Education, School District #43
Provides programming for students who need to develop language, math and other core skills prior to starting graduation program work.
Literacy Foundations Language Arts Levels 1 – 7:
• Companion Courses include Speaking & Listening 1 & 2, Writing 3 & 4, Writing 5 - 7, and Social Studies for levels 5-7
• Adults can upgrade English skills in reading, writing, speaking and listening
• Students should have some spoken English and be able to express basic ideas in written English
Literacy Foundations Information and Communications Technology:
• Ideal for the absolute beginner, this course will teach students basic keyboarding, email, word processing, and the internet. Students must have no prior computer knowledge and at least intermediate English listening and speaking skills.
Client Profile / Eligibility Criteria:
• Newcomers to Canada, 17 years of age or older, and approved for permanent residence.
• Government Assisted Refugees and Work Permit holders
• Canadian Citizens
In person assessment and registration required, visit sd43.bc.ca for more information
Start Dates / Duration:
Varied start dates; 3 or 4 terms per year.
Free for most adults; visitors pay
Information, assessment and registration are available at:
380 Montgomery Street
Coquitlam, BC V3K 5G2
Programs are located at various place, check the website for details.