Gain Experience. Get Involved. Become a Volunteer!
Volunteering is a great way to meet new people, gain valuable experience, have fun, and get involved in your community. The City of Coquitlam has many different volunteer opportunities to choose from.
What do volunteers do?
- Provide encouragement and support
- Assist in facilitation of programs and services
- Share their knowledge, skills and abilities
What are the benefits to volunteering?
- Opportunity to develop skills and gain experience
- Meaningful contribution to the community
- Meet new people and getting connected in your community
- Personal enjoyment
Help prevent crime in your community, start a Block Watch Program in your neighborhood or volunteer with the Coquitlam RCMP Community Resources/Victim Assistance Program.
Auxiliary firefighters lend a helping hand to full-time firefighters. There are certain qualifications and requirements you need to meet.
Volunteers in Parks, Recreation and Culture Services assist in delivering sports, leisure and environmental programs as well as special events. Visit our Recreation & Community information for more details about our volunteer opportunities.
The City recruits to fill positions on advisory and statutory committees and boards on an annual basis (typically in the fall) or when a vacancy arises.