Our Vision, Mission, and Corporate Values
We’re looking to attract, hire, and retain the best candidates who want to make a real difference in our community and share our Vision, Mission and Corporate Values.
Coquitlam in 2021 will be a community of neighbourhoods within a vibrant, city where people choose to live, learn, work and play.
To sustain Coquitlam’s high quality of life for current and future generations, we serve the public interest through leadership, innovation and a focus on community priorities and strengths.
Organizational values form the foundation for the City’s decision-making framework and relationships with its stakeholders – employees, citizens and customers. The City of Coquitlam strives to be an organization recognized for its excellence in City governance and employee, citizen and customer relations by living its values.
As an organization we will:
- Treat People Fairly
- Build Organizational and Community Capacity
- Inform, Involve and Inspire
- Innovate to Sustain Community Quality of Life
Located in the heart of the Lower Mainland, Coquitlam is a rapidly growing city with a vibrant and dynamic community. We are an equal opportunity employer, striving to promote diversity and equal opportunities in the workplace. At present we have approximately 1600 active employees working in various capacities throughout the City.
The City of Coquitlam offers a broad range of employment opportunities within these departments.:
- City Manager’s Office
- Deputy City Manager’s Office
- Parks, Recreation & Culture
- Engineering & Public Works
- Planning & Development
- Civilian Police Services (RCMP)
- Fire / Rescue
- Strategic Initiatives Management
If you're a team-orientated individual and possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, the City can be a great place of employment for you. Some benefits of working for the City include:
- Variety of Occupations: an abundant selection all within one organization
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits: while maintaining a focus on a healthy work life balance
- Leading Edge Technology: the opportunity to work with leading-edge technology and the latest business application tools
- Dedicated Staff: the opportunity to work with quality people in a supportive and fun environment while providing quality service to the community’s residents
- Development: the opportunity for advancement and professional development (courses are regularly offered in-house and off-site)
- Fitness Facilities: a great work environment with excellent recreational facilities conveniently located nearby
- Employee Assistance Program: available to all employees and their immediate family members
- Green Initiatives: the opportunity to participate in green initiatives including civic recycling, Carbon Cutters Team, carpool program, Commuter Challenge and Bike to Work Week
Job Search Advice - New Immigrants to British Columbia, Canada
There are many options for employment - full-time, part-time or be self-employment. To help with your job search, you may find some of these resources helpful: