Councillor Mae Reid
- Mae is a widow with grown children, and has lived in Coquitlam for over 30 years.
- She is a busy and energetic volunteer in the community as well as being a City Councillor for 21 years.
- She has a background in Office Management, including Finance as well as a Paralegal (8 years) and is presently employed in real estate.
- She has a long and extensive career in this City and has served on almost every city committee over the years.
- Her passions are the Animal Shelter in which she took a lead role in the development of that project and protection of the Riverview Lands.
- These past two years she has been Chair of Land Use and Economic Development, Chair of the Riverview Committee, Council Rep for the Economic Development & Investment Advisory Panel, Alternate Director on the Metro Vancouver Board of Directors, and Member of the Fraser Health Government Advisory Council
- Currently, Mae is:
- Chair of the Celebrate Coquitlam Advisory Panel
- Vice Chair of the Strategic Investment Advisory Panel
- Director on the Metro Vancouver Board of Directors
- Member of Metro Vancouver Finance Committee
- Member of Metro Vancouver Intergovernmental and Administration Electoral Area Sub-Committee