What is QtheMap?
QtheMap is an interactive web-based tool that allows you to search, display and print maps containing geographical information in the City of Coquitlam. This tool provides information on things such as parks, roads, utilities, civic facilities, schools, trails and other features within the City.
Updated in July 2012, the new QtheMap application uses the latest geographic information system (GIS) technologies to provide superior performance and enhanced usability. Along with its robust address searching capabilities, the new application has a simplified interface and no longer depends on multiple tools for navigation, making getting around the map a much more efficient and smoother experience.
QtheMap is now available on all devices and browsers that support the Silverlight plug-in. QtheMap key features include:
- Multiple device and browser support
- High performance basemaps both topographic and aerial photography
- Robust address searching
- JPG and PDF export capabilities
- Park sites, amenities, trails and facilities
- Property information
- Designated Land Use and Zoning
- Development permit areas and subdivision activity
- Environment, watercourse and SPEA mapping
- Rights of way, covenants and easements
- Utility data - communications, water, sanitary, drainage and transportation networks
- Survey monuments and sketches
How does it work?
The application provides a robust address searching feature that enables you to quickly and easily find a location or street. Numerous measurement tools are provided so you can:
- identify coordinates of a location,
- measure distances and areas, and
- measure existing spatial features by selecting them.
Export capabilities have also been provided to export your current map as a jpeg image or printer-friendly pdf.
Use this handy reference guide for assistance using the application.
Environmental Watercourse Mapping
Prior to the use of the Environmental Watercourse Mapping and RAR SPEA map layers, the User should review the applicable user notes and disclaimer.
This application requires Microsoft’s Silverlight plug-in version 5 or later. If you do not have the Silverlight plug-in installed or if you are using an earlier version, please visit the following Microsoft site to download and install the latest version of Silverlight.
Note to Chrome Users:
Starting with Chrome version 42, NPAPI support is disabled and this includes the Silverlight API behind QtheMap. Google has provided an override that permits NPAPI support until September 2015 when it will be removed permanently.
- To enable the override, enter the following in the Chrome address field and hit enter: chrome://flags/#enable-npapi
- Click enable to re-enable NPAPI support.
- Restart Chrome and the Silverlight plugin should be available again.
If you have any questions about data or QtheMap in general, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There are two basic options for mobiles devices such as iPads and Androids:
- Access the QtheMap content using a browser on a mobile device by visiting the ArcGIS Online.
- The home page for the City of Coquitlam application will open on ArcGIS Online.
- After the page has loaded, click on the Open button and select "Open in ArcGIS.com Map Viewer".
- To view all of the specific Coquitlam content and data, click on the "Show Contents of Map" button (middle icon in the table of contents on the left hand side).
- Install the ArcGIS app by ESRI by clicking the applicable link below on your mobile device:
- Launch the application after it is installed and then follow the applicable instructions below:
- For Apple Devices, first click on the Maps button in the top left hand corner and then click on the magnifying glass of the pop-up window. Enter "City of Coquitlam" in the search dialog and click enter. From the list of search results, select the "City of Coquitlam, BC, Canada" application.
- For Google Android devices, first click on the Find Maps button in the top left hand corner and then click on the magnifying glass in the top right hand corner of the screen. Enter "City of Coquitlam" in the search dialog and click Enter or Go. From the list of search results, select the "City of Coquitlam, BC, Canada" application.
- All QtheMap content will be added to your ArcGIS application and you can use the native tools provided to enable/disable layers, zoom in and out, and search for addresses and locations.