With its diverse and friendly neighbourhoods, natural splendour and close proximity to downtown Vancouver, Coquitlam is "picture-perfect" for filmmakers. In addition, Coquitlam's dedicated friendly "one-stop" permitting process provides convenient services to the filming community. For further information on Coquitlam’s Film Sector, review the Film Sector Fact Sheet.
Lights, Camera, Action! Three easy steps to filming in Coquitlam:
One contact covers all services including coordination, licenses and fees, and assistance provided by related agencies.
- Contact the Coquitlam Film Office by phone: 604-927-3548 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete an Application to Film and submit to the Coquitlam Film Office.
- Coquitlam's "one-stop" service will take care of the necessary arrangements, including business licences.
The Filming Fee Schedule outlines our rates for specific items. The fees listed below are required for filming in Coquitlam, including Metro Vancouver, provincial, and private properties:
- $5,000 deposit | Not required for Riverview lands or private property
- Proof of Liability Insurance | Minimum 5 million, naming the City of Coquitlam as the additional insured.
- Business License | $160 (GST included) | Payment must be processed through the Film Office.
- Completed Application to Film | $225.00 (+ GST)
Additional Service Applications:
Please remit all payments in person to Revenue Services / Cashier, located on the main floor of City Hall, 3000 Guildford Way, from Monday to Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The City is committed to encouraging and supporting the growth of the BC and Canadian film industry; therefore, there are no fees involved in the filming process for students. For further information on student filming in Coquitlam, refer to the Student Filming Guidelines and complete the Student Application to Film.
For more information, please contact:
Coquitlam Film Office