Coquitlam is home to a diverse range of locations that are attractive to the filming community. In addition, Coquitlam's dedicated "one stop" film office provides convenient services to filmmakers.
Lights, Camera, Action! Three easy steps to filming in Coquitlam:
One contact covers all services including coordination, licenses and fees, and assistance provided by related agencies.
- Call the Coquitlam Film Office at 604-927-3548 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an inquiry.
- Complete an Application to Film and submit to the Coquitlam Film Office.
- Coquitlam's one-stop shop takes care of the necessary arrangements.
For filming in Coquitlam (including GVRD, Provincial, and private properties), you will need the following:
- A deposit in the amount of $5,000*
- Proof of Liability Insurance - Minimum of 5 million
- Valid business license - $170 (GST included) - must be submitted in person
- Completed Application to Film (see above) - $225.00 (plus GST)
Other expenses if applicable:
*Please note a deposit is not required for filming on the Riverview Lands.
The City is committed to encouraging and supporting the growth of the BC and Canadian film industries; therefore, the City will waive fees involved in the filming process for students. For further information on student filming in Coquitlam, refer to the Student Filming Guidelines and complete the Student Application to Film
Coquitlam Film Office