Coquitlam is home to a diverse range of locations that are attractive to the filming community. In addition, Coquitlam's dedicated "one stop" film office provides convenient services to filmmakers.
Lights, Camera, Action! Three easy steps to filming in Coquitlam:
One contact covers all services including coordination, licenses and fees, and assistance provided by related agencies.
- Contact the Coquitlam Film Office by phone: 604-927-3548 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complete an Application to Film and submit to the Coquitlam Film Office.
- Coquitlam's "one-stop" film office will take care of the necessary arrangements, including business licenses.
The Filming Fee Schedule outlines our rates for specific items. The fees listed below are required for filming in Coquitlam, including GVRD, provincial, and private properties:
- $5,000 deposit | Not required for Riverview lands or private property
- Proof of Liability Insurance | Minimum 5 million, naming the City of Coquitlam as the additional insurer.
- Business License | $160 (GST included) | Payment must be processed through the Film Office.
- Completed Application to Film | $225.00 (+ GST)
Additonal Service Applications:
Please remit all payments in person to the Film Office, 1207 Pinetree Way, from Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or pay your invoice online following the instructions below:
- Go to SignMeUp
- Enter Login ID & Family PIN provided in the Parks, Recreation & Culture email; click orange Login button
- Click green My Account button.
- Click green Make a Payment button & enter payment information.
The City is committed to encouraging and supporting the growth of the BC and Canadian film industries; therefore, the City will waive fees involved in the filming process for students. For further information on student filming in Coquitlam, refer to the Student Filming Guidelines and complete the Student Application to Film
For more information, please contact:
Coquitlam Film Office