The City gathers traffic count data to:
- Allow residents to see traffic volumes in their areas
- To assist developers planning new projects
- To study traffic impact on neighbourhoods
Each year, traffic counts are conducted in different areas of the City. Two basic types of traffic counts are conducted each year:
- 24-Hour Station Counts measure traffic volume at a location over a 24 hour period.
- Intersection Turning Movements count the movement of vehicles in an intersection.
How do I acquire traffic count data?
- The Daily Traffic Volume Map shows a summary of average traffic volumes in Coquitlam.
- Detailed traffic count data is available on the Traffic Volume Data System. The default map shows the average 24 hour traffic volumes. The Detail page shows the counts in a table for each day. Hourly volumes are shown by clicking on the eye icons beside each day. The numbers shown in the TMC (Turning Movement Count) tables are the volume for each 15-minute period. The peak hour diagrams show the hourly volume of each movement during the busiest hour of the period.
Transportation Data Management System
- Traffic counts are provided as a public service by the City of Coquitlam. Traffic volumes are collected by manual and mechanical means. They represent typical volumes likely to be found at the count location. Counts are reviewed for accuracy but are subject to inaccuracies inherent in the collection method and variability of traffic flows.
- Traffic counts collected prior to 2007 were uploaded in bulk, and may be subject to data transfer and processing errors. Please be aware that errors may still exist even though reasonable efforts were made to identify and correct any errors.
- The City of Coquitlam assumes no responsibility for the use of traffic count data and does not provide technical assistance interpreting the data.
Traffic Count Data
Engineering & Public Works Customer Service
Engineering Emergency Services for Water, Sewer and Roads
24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week
Please Note - The Engineering and Public Works email address is only monitored during regular business hours (Monday to Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.).
If this matter is urgent, please call our Engineering and Public Works Customer Service line at 604-927-3500 (24 Hours / 7 Days a Week).
Engineering Customer Service Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3000 Guildford Way, Coquitlam, BC, V3B 7N2