Nov. 26 – Jan 22, 4:30 – 11 p.m.
More than 100,000 twinkling lights will illuminate Lafarge Lake this holiday season in a magical outdoor display that’s sure to delight visitors of all ages. Coquitlam’s Lights at Lafarge Winter Lights Display is one of the largest free outdoor light events in the Lower Mainland, and this season’s spectacle will be even bigger and brighter than ever before.
The lights display can be viewed seven days a week from dusk until 11 p.m. until Jan. 22. New this year, the lights will remain on until 1 a.m. on Jan. 1 for visitors to take a magical stroll through the park to ring in the New Year!
View the winter light displays at these locations | map:
- City Hall and Spirit Square, 3000 Guildford Way
View the dazzling display of 10,000 lights located by the Burlington St. entrance to City Hall and Spirit Square. The Christmas tree alone has over 2,500 lights and is approximately 30 feet tall.
- Lafarge Lake, Guildford Way & Pinetree Way
For the first time, the Winter Lights Display will wrap its way entirely around Lafarge Lake, leading visitors on a 1.2-kilometre loop through 10 themed zones.
There are lots of parking options available throughout Town Centre Park, off Trevor Wingrow Way close to the display. Please note there is no light display parking permitted at the Evergreen Cultural Centre parking lot.
Park Spark Welcome Tent, Upcoming Activities
On selected evenings the Coquitlam’s Park Spark team, along with volunteer Park Hosts, will be greeting visitors and hosting a range of free pop-up experiences, including caroling, hot chocolate nights, and workshops.
Drop in anytime between 6 – 8 p.m. The Welcome Tent will be located on the east side of Lafarge Lake. Come and discover what's happening!
- Mon. Jan. 9: Scavenger Hunt
- Wed. Jan. 11: Lantern Workshop – Make a lantern to add to our bright reflections display!
- Fri. Jan. 13: Wildlife Bingo – Join the Environmental Services Department for Wildlife Bingo!
- Sat. Jan. 14: Canada 150 Parade – Drop into the Welcome Tent at 7 p.m. wearing your best Canada wear, and join us for a procession to the O Canada section of the lights!
- Mon. Jan. 16: Scavenger Hunt with a performance by the Glen Pine Singers (performance weather permitting)
- Wed. Jan. 18: Lantern Workshop – It's your last chance to make a lantern to add to our bright reflections display!
- Fri. Jan. 20: Scavenger Hunt
- Sat. Jan. 21: The Coquitlam Heritage Society – Join the Coquitlam Heritage Society as they show off some Coquitlam artifacts and host a fun craft!
Jingle Bell Night
Join us for our 3rd annual Jingle Bell Night at Lafarge Lake to sing carols and enjoy the light display together. This year's caroling takes place at the Town Centre Park Plaza, located on the east side of the lake. Rain or shine. Dress appropriately for the weather.
Date: Wed, Dec. 21
Time: 7 p.m. | Lafarge Lake, meet at the Town Centre Park Plaza
For more information on the Park Spark events, visit coquitlam.ca/parkspark.
Thanks to our Partners
A special thanks goes out to Port of Vancouver for partnering with the City in support of one of this year’s light display features, the Arbour Walk, as well as the many organizations and residents who have volunteered their time to make this years’ display a huge success.