The City provides annual grants to non-profit, community-based organizations. Its intent is to build community spirit by providing community grant funds for public art, sport activities/programs, festivals and events, sports hosting, capital projects and new initiatives aligned with the City's strategic goals.
Funding for the Spirit of Coquitlam Grant Program is derived from the Casino Host Agreement revenue. Since 2002, the City of Coquitlam has awarded $7.84 million to over 194 different organizations through the Spirit of Coquitlam Grant Program.
The next grant intake begins on Wed, March 1, 2017 with a submission deadline of Fri, March 31, 2017, at 4 p.m.
- 2017 Spirit of Coquitlam Grant – Application Package will be available Wed, March 1.
To help make your grant submission easier, please:
- update your computer’s Adobe Reader;
- save application to your computer before inputting your data;
- input a few lines of text into the application and save before continuing, refresh to make sure data has been saved; and
- email your completed application to email@example.com
Note: Providing the ‘original’ version of the signed signature page is no longer required. Scanned signatures are accepted.
To help you prepare for the next grant intake:
Grant Application Criteria
- Are you a not-for-profit organization that has been in existence for a minimum of 1 year?
- Arts & Culture Organization
- Community Services Organization
- Environmental/Parks Organization
- Neighbourhood Association
- Service Club Organization
- Sports Organization
- Other (please contact Grant Coordinator at 604-927-6900 to confirm eligibility)
- Are 60% of the people who will benefit from the project Coquitlam residents?
- Will the proposed project, event or activity occur within Coquitlam?
- Will the proposed project, event or activity be sustainable past the support of the grant funding?
- Will the request be used to support, promote or enhance any one of the City of Coquitlam Strategic Goals?
Visit Coquitlam Strategic Plan for more information regarding the strategic goals.
- NEW! Is your organization in good financial standing with the City?
- NEW! Is your organization planning an event or festival? You are encouraged to apply for grant funding in the year prior to your event.
If you have answered 'yes' to the above questions, you are eligible to apply for a Spirit of Coquitlam Grant.
This Grant Eligibility Table will help determine if your request is eligible for funding. Please note, an eligible grant request does not guarantee funding.
Spirit Grant Recipients