The City provides annual grants to non-profit, community-based organizations. Its intent is to build community spirit by providing community grant funds for public art, sport activities/programs, festivals and events, 125th Celebration sanctioned events, sports hosting, capital projects and new initiatives aligned with the City's strategic goals.
Funding for the Spirit of Coquitlam Grant Program is derived from the Casino Host Agreement revenue. Since 2002, the City of Coquitlam has awarded $7.36 million to over 185 different organizations through the Spirit of Coquitlam Grant Program.
The next grant intake will begin on Thu, Sept. 1, 2016 with a submission deadline of Fri, Sept. 30, 2016, 4 p.m.
To help make your grant submission easier, please:
- update your computer’s Adobe Reader; and
- email your completed application to email@example.com
Note: Providing the ‘original’ version of the signed signature page is no longer required.
To help you prepare for the next grant intake:
Community Grant Workshop
These free workshops will help your non-profit community organization plan and prepare the best possible application
18+ years | Register Now!
Dates: Wed, Sept. 7 or 14
Time: 6 – 7:30 p.m.
Location: Pinetree Community Centre
Grant Application Criteria
- Are you a not-for-profit organization that has been in existence for a minimum of 1 year?
- Arts & Culture Organization
- Community Services Organization
- Environmental/Parks Organization
- Neighbourhood Association
- Service Club Organization
- Sports Organization
- Other (please contact Grant Coordinator at 604-927-6900 to confirm eligibility)
- Are 60% of the people who will benefit from the project Coquitlam residents?
- Will the proposed project, event or activity occur within Coquitlam?
- Will the proposed project, event or activity be sustainable past the support of the grant funding?
- Will the request be used to support, promote or enhance any one of the City of Coquitlam Strategic Goals?
Visit Coquitlam Strategic Plan for more information regarding the strategic goals.
If you have answered 'yes' to the above questions, you are eligible to apply for a Spirit of Coquitlam Grant.
This Grant Eligibility Table will help determine if your request is eligible for funding. Please note, an eligible grant request does not guarantee funding.
Spirit Grant Recipients