Coquitlam is a welcoming and inclusive community. We respect individual differences and recognize people of all ages, abilities and cultures provide value to our community.
We offer a number of programs designed to address barriers to rereation:
- Low and no-cost programming
- Get Connected, Get Active Program
- One-to-One Support
- Grade 5 Get Active! and Grade 6 Stay Active! Cards
Low and No-Cost Programs
Looking for a more affordable way to recreate? Participate in our free swims and skates sponsored by Westminster Savings
$2.00 fitness drop-ins, get ready for summer!
Pinetree Community Centre's certified instructors will get you ready for the summer ahead. Not sure what to take? Try them all! (Limited time offer between May 1 - 31.)
Drop-in Fitness Classes
Get Connected, Get Active
Attend an information session to learn about our low and no cost opportunities, programs and recreation centres. Register now or call 604-927-4386.
If you are a Coquitlam resident who has a current Get Connected, Get Active (GCGA) card about to expire or has expired in the last 6 month, you can renew one of two ways:
1. If you are not receiving income assistance but are still facing financial hardship and fall within the income guidelines on the application form, please complete the Get Connected, Get Active Adjudication Application. There will be a second application sent to you once your adjudication form has ben verified.
2. If you are receiving income assistance from any of the agencies as described below, please complete the Get Connected, Get Active Renewal Application Form. Provide the appropriate documentation listed.
- Ministry of Housing and Social Development (MHSD)
- Ministry of Employment and Income Assistance (MEIA) or
- Resettlement Assistance Program (RAP), or
- Guaranteed Income Supplement (GIS)
If you are a Coquitlam resident, receiving income assistance, please review the Agency Referral section in the Agency Referral Application Form. This form needs to be completed by an appropriate agency.
For more information:
Do you or a family member need support to participate in one of our recreation programs? Our youth volunteers can provide assistance with crafts, games and sport activities (personal care assistance is not provided).
One-to-one volunteers assist children with - focusing on the task at hand, redirection, ensured involvement, explaining directions, adaptations to activities and group inclusion.
Personal Care Assistance
We encourage individuals with disabilities to participate in our programs. However, those needing personal assistance with toileting, feeding or dressing must make personal arrangements for this assistance.
If you require service from a volunteer, complete the One-to-One Support Application Form.
Please submit your completed application by:
Fax: 604-927-6510; or
Grade 5 Get Active! & Grade 6 Stay Active! Cards
The Grade 5 Get Active! card provides free admissions throughout the school year to all drop-in activities. The Grade 6 Stay Active! card provides 12 free admissions.
To receive a Grade 5 Get Active! or Grade 6 Stay! Active card, please bring the following documentation to the facilities listed below:
- A letter of verification from School District #43 from the school's administration, not a teacher, identifying the applicant as a Grade 5 student.
- Birth certificate or Care Card showing the student's age as of December 31, 2014.
- Proof of Coquitlam residency
ie. phone, hydro, cable or gas bill or Property Tax Notice. Note: Driver's licence and PO Boxes are not acceptable.
If you are a Grade 6 student who received a Grade 5 Get Active! card, please bring your expired card and exchange it for your Grade 6 Stay Active! card. Proof of Coquitlam residency is still required.
Bring the above documentation to the following locations:
Please keep your card safe. If the card is lost or damaged, replacement cards are available at a nominal fee of $5.
For more information call:
KidSport Tri Cities
KidSport Tri Cities raises money to subsidize registration fees for kids from low income families. We believe that no child should be left on the sidelines and all should be given the opportunity to experience the positive benefits of organized sports. For more information call 604-341-0241.
Canadian Tire Jumpstart
Canadian Tire Jumpstart is a national charitable program that helps financially disadvantaged kids participate in organized sport and recreation.