The Citywide Official Community Plan (CWOCP) is a comprehensive plan that guides the overall future of the City and provides a broad framework for managing future change.
The CWOCP is at the top of the City's hierarchy of land use plans. Plans included in the CWOCP are Area Plans and Neighbourhood Plans. If there is a policy conflict between the CWOCP and an Area Plan, the Area Plan policies will take precedence over the Citywide policies.
From time to time, Council will consider amendments to the CWOCP Bylaw which may result in changes to this document. Users of this document will need to assume responsibility for making the necessary inquiries regarding these changes. Further information can be obtained from the City of Coquitlam Planning and Development Department 604-927-3400.
- The following OCP sections include the following amending Bylaws:
- Bylaw 4537, 2015 (passed March 23, 2015)
- Bylaw 4547, 2015 (passed March 30, 2015)
- Bylaw 4522, 2015 (passed April 27, 2015)
- Bylaw 4561, 2015 (passed June 1, 2015)
- Bylaw 4575, 2015 (passed July 27, 2015)
- Bylaw 4576, 2015 (passed July 27, 2015)
- Bylaw 4551, 2015 (passed September 14, 2015)
- Bylaw 4559, 2015 (passed October 5, 2015)
- Bylaw 4602, 2015 (passed October 26, 2015)
- Bylaw 4604, 2015 (passed November 23, 2015)
- Bylaw 4594, 2015 (passed January 18, 2016)
- Bylaw 4621, 2015 (passed March 7, 2016)
- This page was last updated on June 21, 2016.
Municipalities in British Columbia have the authority to adopt an Official Community Plan through Part 14 of the Local Government Act.
Legislation identifies the necessary components of these Plans, and
establishes adoption procedures. The Southwest Coquitlam Area Plan has
been prepared in compliance with this Provincial legislation. As
required in the Local Government Act,
this Area Plan addresses residential, commercial, industrial,
institutional, recreational and utility uses. It also addresses
environmental issues and a neighbourhood planning framework.
Planning & Development Department