Development Permit Areas are designated throughout the City for the following purposes:
- The form and character of development, specifically:
- intensive residential (duplexes, triplexes, fourplexes),
- multi-family (townhouses, rowhouses, apartment)
- commercial, and
- industrial development;
- Protection of watercourse areas; and
- Protection of development from hazardous conditions (e.g., steep slopes).
Each Development Permit Area within the City has an associated set of Development Permit Guidelines. These guidelines are used to review Development Permit applications.
For more information about a specific Development Permit Area in the City, please select one of the links below.