Special Plans & Projects - Partington Creek Neighbourhood Plan
The City of Coquitlam is developing a Neighbourhood Plan for the Partington Creek area in Northeast Coquitlam. The Plan will provide land use direction and detailed policies to guide development over the next 25 years.
The Plan will be a detailed vision for the area, developed through extensive consultation with the community. It will define the type and location of housing and commercial buildings in the neighbourhood, outline transportation networks, identify natural and recreation areas, include plans for needed community facilities, and outline pedestrian and cycling networks.
Proposed Plan to Regular Council - May 27, 2013
The proposed Partington Creek Neighbourhood Plan will be presented to Council on May 27, 2013 for consideration of first reading.
Thank you for getting involved. The events listed below provided opportunities to get information, review project materials, provide ideas and participate in the neighbourhood planning process.
To join the Partington Creek email listserve, please sign up here.
February 19, 2013 and February 21, 2013
Public Open House #4 - Presenting the draft Plan
November 17, 2012
Interface Wildfire Mitigation Strategies
April 19, 2012
Neighbourhood Centre Workshop - Visions for the Neighbourhood Centre
April 11, 2012
Baycrest Area Workshop - Options for the Baycrest Area
June 21, 2011
Public Open House #3 – Review the preferred Plan options
March 14, 2007
Public Open House #2 - Range of Neighbourhood Plan Concepts and Options
January 20, 2007
Neighbourhood Centre Urban Design and Planning Charette:
November 29, 2006
Public Open House #1 - Opportunities and Constraints influencing the Neighbourhood Plan
Neighbourhood Working Group
In September 2006 Council appointed a neighbourhood working group to help support the planning process and provide advice as the neighbourhood plan is developed. The Working Group is a volunteer group of residents, community members and local stakeholders who provide input, advice and a local perspective to the plan.
Key Project Milestones
Step 1: (Fall 2006)
Step 2: (Winter 2007)
Step 3: (Spring/Summer 2011)
Step 4: (Fall 2011 - Winter 2013)
- Revisions to the draft land use concept based on public feedback
- Development of supporting detailed policies and design guidelines
- Presentation to Council - Moving Forward - January 30, 2012
- Neighbourhood Working Group meeting - April 4, 2012
- Baycrest Area Workshop - April 11, 2012
- Neighbourhood Centre Workshop - April 19, 2012
- Report to Council - Neighbourhood Plan Update - June 18, 2012
- Report to Council - Proposed Interface Wildfire Mitigation Strategies - October 22, 2012
- Report to Council - Proposed Sloping Sites Policy - November 26, 2012
- Report to Council - Proposed Bear Management Policies - November 26, 2012
- Report to Council - Presentation of the Draft Neighbourhood Plan - December 10, 2012
- Presentation to Council - The Draft Plan - December 10, 2012
- Neighbourhood Working Group Meeting - January 15, 2013
- Public Open House #4 - Presentation of the Draft Neighbourhood Plan - February 19, 2013
- Public Open House - Youth Focus - Presentation of the Draft Neighbourhood Plan - February 21, 2013
- Report to Committee - Proposed Partington Creek Neighbourhood Plan - May 13, 2013
- Report to Council - Proposed Partington Creek Neighbourhood Plan - May 27, 2013
- Public Hearing on the Plan (Spring 2013)
Related Documents & Plans
Partington Creek Integrated Watershed Management Plan (IWMP)
Partington Creek Neighbourhood Plan Update
Sign up to receive news about the Partington Creek Neighbourhood Plan Update Project. Subscribe Now!
Planning & Development Department