2016/2017 Snow Angel Program
Snow Angel Program registration is now under way for the 2016 – 2017 season.
For more information, contact:
What is the Snow Angel Program?
The Snow Angel program unites people who need help clearing their adjacent City sidewalks of snow, with eager volunteers from our community who want to help.
When it snows, City crews clear our roadways and property owners clear their sidewalks – all in an effort to keep Coquitlam moving. But for some members of our community, particularly seniors, moving snow is a difficult task. Snow Angels will respond to requests made to the City by those who are unable to shovel their own adjacent City sidewalks due to physical disabilities or restrictions.
Who is eligible to access the Snow Angels?
You must be a resident of Coquitlam and be unable to shovel your own sidewalk due to a physical disability or restriction, over the age of 65 or concerned that the physical exertion from a heavy snowfall is too much.
- Resident of Coquitlam with an adjacent city sidewalk
- 65 years of age or older
- Under 65 years of age, with a disability
- Claim the Seniors or Disability Homeowner Grant
- Unable to clear the snow on your sidewalk
- Must complete an application form, with a signed waiver
Who can volunteer as a Snow Angel?
The Snow Angels can be anyone who wishes to volunteer to help make our City's sidewalks safer for those in need. Once the volunteer screening process has been completed, the City staff will provide training and equipment to Snow Angel Volunteers to assist qualified, pre-approved residents that they are matched with.
- 16 years of age or older
- Coquitlam resident
- In adequate physical shape and capable of clearing snow
- Commitment: 1 – 2 homes per individual each session. The volunteer term will run all of the 2016 – 2017 Winter season, with requests being weather dependent.
- Orientation/Training: Training includes shovelling techniques and healthy back exercises to qualified volunteers.
Snow Angels Hotline
Phone: 604-927-6909 (fall & winter season only)