COQUITLAM, B.C., June 16, 2022 – Coquitlam residents can download the free Coquitlam Curbside Collection mobile app to receive collection day reminders and instant service disruption notifications if they receive collection service from the City.
For almost a decade, the City has partnered with ReCollect, a digital recycling and outreach tool, to provide residents with personalized collection schedules and reminders of when to put out Garbage and Green Carts. The tool also features a recycling database that residents can use to easily search how to recycle or dispose of specific items.
Coquitlam’s streamlined 2022/2023 curbside collection calendar will hit mailboxes this week. All of the essential collection information included in the printed calendar is also available on demand. Residents are encouraged to download the Coquitlam Curbside Collection app or sign up for reminders online to access detailed program information and to stay connected year-round.
Click for Collection and Disposal Information
Residents can download the Coquitlam Curbside Collection app for Apple or Android smartphones or sign-up for reminders through the City’s website.
Simply go to www.coquitlam.ca/recollect to:
- Download and print a personalized collection schedule;
- Set up email or phone call reminders for your collection day – particularly handy when the calendar shifts following statutory holidays or if there are service disruptions due to adverse weather;
- Set reminders for upcoming events such as seasonal unlimited yard trimmings collection or the City-Wide garage sale and giveaway;
- Use the Waste Wizard to find out how to separate and dispose of waste properly, including free local recycling drop-off options;
- Learn more information about Garbage and Green Cart collection, including set-out and separation guidelines; and
- Download the free Coquitlam Curbside Collection app to perform all of these functions on Android and Apple devices (you can also search “Coquitlam Curbside Collection” in your app store).
Visit www.coquitlam.ca/trashtalk for more information about all of Coquitlam’s waste-related services, including Green Cart collection, Large Item Pick-Up, free yard trimmings drop-off, the Town Centre Recycling Depot and cart exchanges or repairs.
Residents looking for information about curbside recycling in Coquitlam can visit www.recyclebc.ca/coquitlam. The City of Coquitlam does not manage curbside recycling collection – it is a service provided at no cost to residents by Recycle BC, the not-for-profit organization responsible for residential packaging and paper product recycling throughout British Columbia.
Solid Waste and Special Projects Manager