COQUITLAM, B.C., June 28, 2022 – Coquitlam’s much-anticipated Summer Concert Series returns to Town Centre Park’s outdoor stage in the coming weeks with extended performance times, food trucks and a spectacular musical lineup spanning rock, jazz and pop.
This free series is back live and in-person for the first time since 2019. Musical guests will light up the TD Community Plaza Stage for three Friday evenings on July 15, Aug. 5 and Sept. 2 from 6 – 9 p.m., with the support of our 2022 Presenting Partner, Coquitlam Centre.
2022 Summer Concert Series Lineup Features Six Great Performing Acts
This season’s Summer Concert Series performers span three musical themes:
Friday, July 15: Rock Night
- Redeye Empire: Born and bred on the West Coast of Canada, Redeye Empire’s music exudes all that is indicative of the West Coast lifestyle. Redeye Empire’s unique blend of reggae, rock, and ska has gathered fans across North America.
- Beau Wheeler: Beau Wheeler is a queer non-binary composer and singer based in Vancouver, Canada. Their music encompasses a wide spectrum of human experience with songs that touch on love, loss and redemption, and an unflagging ability to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again.
Friday, Aug. 5: Jazz Night
- Diane Lines: Diane was the pianist/accompanist for Grammy winner Michael Bublé and was the principal pianist and vocalist with the Dal Richards Orchestra from 2002 to Dal Richard's passing in 2015. In 2018, Diane was inducted into the BC Entertainment Hall of Fame.
- Sweetpea Swing Band: Sweetpea has been a fixture in the Vancouver swing scene since the early 2000s. These cats deliver their traditional jazz with a modern twist, and audiences can't help jumping out of their seats to cut a rug. Sweetpea cooks up a swingin' jazz beat so clap your hands and stomp your feet!
Friday, Sept. 2: Pop Night
- Ashley Pater: Vancouver, Canada based R&B singer/songwriter Ashley Pater touches the hearts of her listeners through her music. Ashley’s award-winning songwriting combined with her soulful sultry voice, draws you into her story.
- Queer As Funk: It started, like most good ideas, over beer and song. A few short years later, Vancouver’s Queer as Funk is renowned for its tight rhythm section, hot horns, and soulful vocals. Totally unique in the history of Vancouver's LGBTQ community, Queer as Funk brings together the city's hottest musicians in a dynamic, high-energy dance band.
- Friday, July 15 – Munchu Picchu, Little oOtie's Mini Donuts, The Jerk Shack
- Friday, Aug. 5 – The Mad Greek, Hugs Mini Donuts
- Friday, Sept. 2 – Shameless Buns, Beavertales
Corporate Partner Supports Series
Coquitlam Centre is the Summer Concert Series Presenting Partner and Event Survey Partner. Situated on 57 acres of land in the heart of the Tri-Cities, Coquitlam Centre (CQC) features over 930,000 square feet of visually dynamic retail on two spacious levels. Architecturally stunning with the region’s most impressive collection of anchors and boutique brands it is the only shopping centre in Metro Vancouver offering Hudson’s Bay, London Drugs, Sport Chek, T&T Supermarket, UNIQLO, H&M, Aritzia, Sephora, lululemon, Atmosphere, Golf Town, Walmart, and Best Buy, all in one convenient location. For more information, visit www.coquitlamcentre.com.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation and Culture
- To stay up to date about Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities news and updates:
- Subscribe to the PRC E-news Newsletter at www.coquitlam.ca/enews to receive bi-weekly parks, recreation and culture updates;
- Check out the weekly City Page on page 6 of the Tri-City News or at www.coquitlam.ca/connect;
- Follow @cityofcoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; and
- Download the free CoquitlamConnect app from the App Store or Google Play, or through the links at www.coquitlam.ca/coquitlamconnect.
Cultural & Community Events Supervisor
City of Coquitlam