COQUITLAM, B.C., July 13, 2022 – Watch for road work in Coquitlam over the coming months, as City crews and contractors take advantage of warmer weather to bring transportation improvements to the community.
Transportation and utility projects support safety, asset management, economic development and housing growth by improving the movement of people and goods, ensuring reliable sewer and water services and managing stormwater.
The City has several capital construction projects that will affect traffic on key routes.
- Cedar Drive Upgrade Project – Sanitary sewer system upgrades and road work, Summer and fall 2022, www.coquitlam.ca/cedardrive
- Como Lake Avenue – Repaving from Clarke Road to Mariner Way, July and August 2022
- Gatensbury Street Improvement Project – Upgrades to road, sidewalk, and cycling infrastructure from Como Lake Park to the Port Moody border, as a part of the City’s Frontage Works Program, Summer and fall 2022, www.coquitlam.ca/gatensbury
- Victoria Drive Storm Diversion Sewer – Underground storm sewer work (detour between Baycrest Avenue and Pollard Street), July and August 2022, www.coquitlam.ca/cedardrive
Since 2021, Coquitlam’s Capital Plan has included increased funding for local road paving as well as water main replacements. Whenever possible, the City coordinates the construction of capital projects in the same area – water mains and road paving, for example – to reduce disruption and costs. Projects for 2022 are funded through the approved Capital Plan for 2022-2025, financed by various development fees along with other revenues, reserves and grants.
- Watch for work crews and equipment.
- Obey all traffic control personnel and signs, including construction speed limits.
- Use alternate routes to avoid delays.
- Anticipated start and end dates are subject to change and weather delays.
- Follow the City on our social media channels Facebook, Twitter and Instagram where we update regularly with Traffic Hot Spots.
- Read the City Page every Thursday in the Tri-City News for Traffic Hot Spot updates.
- Sign up for Road Work and Construction NotifyMe direct emails at www.coquitlam.ca/notfiyme.
Manager Design & Construction