COQUITLAM, BC, March 4, 2020 – Coquitlam residents, business owners, students and others who are interested in our community are invited to participate in the City’s Town Hall Meeting on Thursday, April 2 from 7 to 9:30 p.m.
Coquitlam’s annual Town Hall Meeting takes place in Council Chambers at City Hall (3000 Guildford Way), with the opportunity to also participate online.
What Happens at a Town Hall Meeting?
There is no set agenda at a Town Hall meeting. Instead, these more informal meetings provide community members an opportunity to voice their opinions, suggest new ideas, and ask questions of Council. Senior City staff are also in attendance to respond to inquiries.
The feedback provided at these sessions provides Council and staff important information from residents and businesses about City services, changes taking place in the community and future opportunities.
How Can You Participate?
Those interested can participate in the following ways:
- In person – All are welcome, including spectators. Attendees can ask questions or provide comments and will be invited to the microphone for broadcasting purposes.
- Online – The meeting will be broadcast live at www.coquitlam.ca/webcasts starting at 7 p.m. Online participants can submit questions through one of the following channels:
- Email – Questions can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Facebook – Facebook users are encouraged to like our Town Hall Meeting event at www.facebook.com/cityofcoquitlam. Town Hall questions can be posted to the event wall prior to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 2.
- Twitter – Those on Twitter can tweet questions to @cityofcoquitlam or by using the hashtag #cqtownhall prior to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 2.
To ensure that everyone has access to responses to the questions submitted online, they will be provided by Council or staff via the live broadcast at www.coquitlam.ca/webcasts.
Questions to Council must follow the City’s guidelines for a respectful meeting. For more information regarding these guidelines and the process the City uses when answering questions, please go to www.coquitlam.ca/townhall.
Participants are advised that by submitting a question, comment or suggestion, the information you provide will become part of the public record. The information collected and used is done so in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.