COQUITLAM, B.C., Oct. 19, 2020 – Want to stay up to date on City of Coquitlam news with a focus on the topics that interest you? Sign up for Coquitlam’s new Notify Me service at www.coquitlam.ca/notifyme.
The City’s new Notify Me service allows subscribers to select only the updates they want to receive by email or text. Available at www.coquitlam.ca/notifyme, the service was launched earlier this month as part of Coquitlam’s updated website.
How Notify Me Works
Anyone can sign up for free, choose the topics that interest them and manage their preferences over time at www.coquitlam.ca/notifyme. Email alerts are available for all selections. Some topics with registration date information also offer text alerts.
Subscribing and unsubscribing to different topics is as simple as clicking an icon within the five different sections:
- Notify Me includes updates about meeting agendas, current City projects and initiatives, some neighbourhood-related news, development updates, and various parks and recreation topics. Twenty topics are posted currently and will change over time.
- News Flash selections include City news and current projects, roadwork and construction updates, and opportunities to share input.
- Alert Centre includes COVID-19, freshet/flooding updates and other emergency updates.
- Bid Postings shares the latest opportunities to bid on City projects and contracted services.
- Calendar provides updates about upcoming City events as well as Council and committee meetings.
Notify Me is a dynamic service, with topics being added and archived based on interest, relevance and timeliness. Subscribers are encouraged to check the page regularly to see what’s new.
As a starting place, the City recommends the City News selection under News Flash for a broad selection of information as well as emergency alerts.
Check Out Coquitlam’s New Website
Finding City information is easier than ever on Coquitlam’s user-friendly new website, launched Oct. 8 at www.coquitlam.ca. The update – the site’s first since 2012 – was based on user feedback, public consultation and industry best practices.
Completion of the two-year project was well timed for 2020, as the pandemic drives more people online for services. To take a video tour of the updated website, go to https://youtu.be/IAPRQ6mV_T0 .
Along with a fresh new look, the website’s new or enhanced features include:
- Easy-to-use navigation and a variety of search options, including a large homepage search bar, drop-down menus and graphic links;
- A responsive design that provides consistent viewing on any device or computer, while adhering to Web Content Accessibility Guidelines to assist visitors with hearing or visual impairments;
- The customizable new Notify Me subscription service to receive City news and information on specific topics of interest;
- Updated and simplified content throughout, in a scannable format that limits scrolling; and
- A more prominent Service Requests section for asking questions or reporting problems.
The new site meets the latest security protocols and links seamlessly with other online services such as recreation registration and the CoquitlamConnect mobile app. More information about the update is available at www.coquitlam.ca/websiterelaunch.
Supporting Our Community During the Pandemic
The City of Coquitlam is here to help, with these resources:
- www.coquitlam.ca/csrp: Details about the City’s Community Support and Recovery Plan, which is supporting non-profits, businesses and residents through the pandemic;
- www.coquitlam.ca/spirit: Free activities for all ages, including fitness, arts and culture, outdoor activities and ways to stay engaged; and
- www.coquitlam.ca/covid19: City service updates and COVID-19 health resources.
Stay up-to-date about City news and service changes by:
Team Lead, Website Update Project
City of Coquitlam