COQUITLAM, B.C., Nov. 7, 2020 – Following the Order of B.C.’s Provincial Health Officer, the City of Coquitlam will be suspending all group fitness classes and select sport activities until further notice.
These cancellations apply to the following programs:
- Aquatics: all aquafit classes are cancelled (lane swimming and swim lessons remain open)
- Group fitness: registered group fitness classes are cancelled until the end of November, drop-in group fitness programs are cancelled until Nov. 23
- Gymnasium: gymnasium court bookings are cancelled until Nov 23 including pickleball, table tennis, badminton, basketball, volleyball
- Seniors Programs: pickleball, table tennis, dance programs, and chair yoga are cancelled
- Rentals: each rental will be reviewed to ensure consistency with the Public Health Order including having appropriate revised safety plans in place
Refund Process for Programs
Similar to the process during cancellations earlier this year, customers will receive an automatic refund for cancelled programs and do not need to call in to recreation centres or registration lines.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing.
Register and Stay Informed
To keep up-to-date on program offerings and updates:
Stay informed about City news and service changes by:
Keeping You Safe Indoors
All of Coquitlam’s recreation facilities have detailed safety plans and protocols in place to ensure the safety of visitors and staff. Access and activities have been modified to ensure safe distancing, hand hygiene, reduced touchpoints and other health precautions. Measures include enhanced cleaning, restricting access to registered patrons only, physical barriers and different access routes, limits to participant numbers and changes to some activities. To learn more about how Coquitlam is protecting the public at City facilities, watch our video at https://youtu.be/GyafR_R4ZS4 or visit www.coquitlam.ca/registration.
Manager, Community Recreation and Culture Services
City of Coquitlam