COQUITLAM, B.C., April 8, 2021 – Coquitlam is launching a new program to support community non-profit organizations who are struggling due to the pandemic.
The Community Volunteer Support Hub program is designed to support Coquitlam non-profit organizations as they work to continue providing services to the community. Resources include online workshops, volunteer recruitment outreach support, and connections to funding opportunities. The Community Volunteer Support Hub and further details are available at www.coquitlam.ca/supporthub.
The program is provided through the Coquitlam COVID-19 Community Support and Recovery Plan (CSRP), which is supporting all sectors of the community through the pandemic.
Resources Available to Community Non-profits
Non-profit organizations are encouraged to visit www.coquitlam.ca/supporthub regularly for:
- Links to resources on available funding programs;
- Information on shifting to working with volunteers remotely;
- Announcements on upcoming online workshops on topics ranging from increasing volunteer outreach and recruitment to grant applications; and
- Connections to organizations matching volunteers with non-profit organizations seeking volunteers.
How to Connect with the Community Volunteer Support Hub
Non-profits interested in connecting with the Community Support Hub can:
More Supports From CSRP
Coquitlam continues to roll out supports through its COVID-19 Community Support and Recovery Plan (CSRP), introduced in spring 2020 to provide direct relief to residents, businesses and non-profits, and to foster community resilience and recovery.
Initiatives include grants to City cultural partners, increased business supports, and support for community and non-profit services and programs. To promote economic recovery, the City will also continue to monitor and leverage provincial and federal government stimulus funding announcements.
The CSRP is intended to be flexible and responsive to new challenges and opportunities, so programs may change or be added. Check www.coquitlam.ca/CSRP for updates.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation and Culture
To stay up to date about Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities news and updates:
- Subscribe to the PRC E-news Newsletter at www.coquitlam.ca/enews to receive bi-weekly parks, recreation and culture updates;
- Check out the weekly City Page on page 6 of the Tri-City News or at www.coquitlam.ca/connect;
- Follow @cityofcoquitlam on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube; and
- Download the free CoquitlamConnect app from the App Store or Google Play, or through the links at www.coquitlam.ca/coquitlamconnect.
Parks Operations Manager
City of Coquitlam