COQUITLAM, B.C., Apr. 21, 2021 – Coquitlam’s latest neighbourhood park to undergo renovation and upgrades is open for the upcoming summer season.
The replacement of the playground at Nestor Park began earlier this spring as part of Coquitlam’s ongoing plan to refresh and upgrade its aging play spaces.
Welcome Improvements to the Neighbourhood
Located next to Nestor Elementary, this attractive park nestled in the trees features a playground, seating area and shady path for young cyclists to practice their skills. The park's forest trails connect to Gabriola Drive.
The improvements to the park include:
- New playground equipment
- New woodchip playground surfacing
- New seating, including benches and picnic tables
- Replacement of existing garbage can
- Pathway improvements
- Trimming back of overgrown areas and renovation of lawns and planted areas
The playground is now open, but fencing will remain in place in the lawn area as new grass is established.
Information about Coquitlam park projects is posted at www.coquitlam.ca/parkprojects.
Keeping Coquitlam’s Outdoor Spaces Safe During the Pandemic
While Coquitlam’s playgrounds offer a great outdoor play opportunity, families are reminded of COVID-19 precautions in our parks.
- If the playground is crowded and physical distancing is difficult to maintain, it’s best to leave and come back at a less busy time.
- Consider visiting one of Coquitlam’s many other playgrounds throughout the community instead. Locate nearby parks at www.coquitlam.ca/parkfinder.
- Encourage children to follow COVID-19 precautions and use playgrounds safely.
Stay Informed on Coquitlam Parks, Recreation and Culture
To stay up to date about Coquitlam Parks, Recreation, Culture and Facilities news and updates:
City of Coquitlam