COQUITLAM, B.C., May 13, 2021 – From outdoor fitness classes in local parks to summer camps for children and youth, as well as some new programs, Coquitlam’s July and August recreation programs will be available for registration beginning Wednesday, May 19.
- Program listing details will be viewable online Monday, May 17 at 8:30 a.m. at www.coquitlam.ca/registration.
- Online registration is available 24/7 starting Wednesday, May 19 at 8:30 a.m.
- Phone-in / in-person registration is available as of Thursday, May 20 at 604-927-4386, weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except for statutory holidays) and weekends 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
New Programs Launch for the Summer
New programs in July and August include:
- Early years’ parent participation programs at Scout Hall in Blue Mountain Park;
- Multi-sport, soccer and tennis for kids at a variety of parks throughout Coquitlam; and
- Beginner or experienced hiking virtual outdoor recreation info sessions on popular trails, including Jug Island, Lower Eagle Ridge and Woodland Walk, Cypress Lake, Coquitlam Lake View and Munro Lake.
Virtual and Outdoor Fitness Options
Coquitlam offers both virtual and outdoor programs for all levels of fitness, including Fit 360, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT), Low Impact, Pilates, Zumba and more. Virtual classes are offered via Zoom and outdoor classes take place in parks throughout Coquitlam.
Kids’ Outdoor Camps
Enjoy hands-on activities, games and trail exploration in Outdoor Adventures full-day camp; hit the trails in a beginner Mountain Biking full-day camp; or play sports and other fun activities in full and half-day Sports Camps.
Join us for interactive games and activities in Pinetree and Poirier full-day camps; or get creative in half-day Arts and Crafts Camp. All of these camps are for ages five to 11. Kids should bring a change of clothes, lunch, snacks and a pre-filled water bottle.
Reminder: Swimming and Skating Available One Set at a Time
Skating and swimming lessons are available for all ages, but remember, only register for one set of lessons at a time. You may register for the next set of lessons on the last day of the current set. Please note, you will be withdrawn from programs if you are registered in more than one set of lessons at a time.
Keeping You Safe
Coquitlam Recreation is continually adapting to meet the requirements of updated Public Health Orders and we appreciate your patience as we may need to make last minute changes.
Safety protocols are in place at all City facilities to ensure the safety of program participants and staff. In compliance with the current Provincial Mask Mandate Order, masks are required at all times, including when exercising. Masks can be removed when entering the City’s pools.
If programs are cancelled due to Provincial Health Orders, customers will receive an account credit, or you can request a refund on your original method of payment. Please call 604-927-4386 for assistance.
Register and Stay Informed
To sign up for activities and to keep up to date on program offerings and updates:
Stay informed about City news and service changes by:
Community Recreation Manager
City of Coquitlam