COQUITLAM, B.C., May 19, 2020 – Coquitlam is offering local restaurants the opportunity to participate in its online Canada Day and Summer Concert Series events this summer.
Planning has begun for dynamic but physically-distanced 2021 summer events that will bring the community together in fun and safe ways.
To support the community and the Tri-Cities #SupportLocal campaign, the City will be promoting participating Coquitlam restaurants on the event webpages www.coquitlam.ca/canadaday and www.coquitlam.ca/summerconcerts as well as on social media. This may include highlighting Canada Day specials your business may offer and other business highlights. The City will also purchase gift certificates from participating local restaurants for a Facebook contest giveaway.
Applications Accepted Until May 30
Local restaurants interested in taking advantage of this opportunity, email email@example.com and provide the following:
- Name and contact information.
- Name of restaurant.
- Type of foods you offer.
- Tell us how long you’ve been operating in the City of Coquitlam.
- Specify a dish for promotion and provide an original unedited photo.
- Tell us if you can provide a Canada Day or Summer Concert Series special.
- Your website address and social media handles.
Apply by May 30. Over 10 Coquitlam businesses will be selected.
What’s in Store this Summer
- July 1: The 13th annual Coquitlam Celebrates Canada Day will combine online and physically-distant activities. Registration begins June 1 for the new drive-through experience. Registrants will receive an activity bag, which includes a car decorating starter kit and a link to an online decorating tutorial. Decorated vehicles will follow a fenced-off route at their registered time between 12 and 4 p.m. For the online component, pre-recorded segments will go live at 9 a.m. on July 1 featuring a variety of entertainment, family activities, try-it demos, multicultural performances and more. This year, viewers will be able to pick and choose the segments they want to watch at any time until July 5 at 8 a.m. Details will be posted at www.coquitlam.ca/canadaday.
- The Summer Concert Series will feature 4 live concerts broadcast from June 26 to Sept. 4 showcasing local musicians, singers and songwriters. Event information will be posted at www.coquitlam.ca/summerconcerts.
- The 2021 Kaleidoscope Arts Festival pre-registered activities will take place on Saturday, Aug. 14 at various venues. More information will be coming to www.coquitlam.ca/kaleidoscope.
Join Coquitlam’s Efforts to #SupportLocal
The City of Coquitlam has joined the Tri-Cities #SupportLocal campaign to assist local businesses, many of which are struggling at this time. Businesses and organizations are invited to visit the new Business Support Portal at www.letstalkcoquitlam.ca/business for up-to-date news, resources and opportunities. Coquitlam also strongly encourages residents to #SupportLocal for their shopping and meals; view business listings at www.visitcoquitlam.ca/business and 250+ local takeout restaurants at www.visitcoquitlam.ca/eat-drink.
Supporting Our Community During the Pandemic
The City of Coquitlam is here to help, with these resources:
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/csrp to learn about the City’s Community Support and Recovery Plan, which is providing immediate and long-term support for the non-profit sector, businesses and residents;
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/spirit for a free library of activities for all ages, including fitness, arts and culture, outdoor activities and ways to connect with your community; and
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/covid19 for updates on City services and initiatives and COVID-19 health resources.
Public Information Officer
Emergency Operations Centre
City of Coquitlam