COQUITLAM, BC, June 24, 2020 – Coquitlam’s Eagle Ridge and Spani outdoor pools will reopen for use on Saturday, June 27 by pre-registration only.
Starting Friday, June 26, Coquitlam’s outdoor pools will accept bookings for individual and family swims. Pre-registration will be required to limit capacity and ensure physical distancing, with enhanced cleaning and other measures to protect the safety of staff and the public.
Full details at www.coquitlam.ca/registration.
Two Types of Swimming Bookings Available
Both pools will be open from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., daily with two types of swimming bookings that can be made:
- Individual Length Swim
- A 30-minute booking for lap swimming; swimmer will have exclusive use of lane for duration of booking. (Minimum age 7 years.)
- Family Swim
- A 30-minute double-lane booking for two to six people from the same household.
Admission is a flat fee of $2 per person, paid online during the booking process at www.coquitlam.ca/registration.
Guidelines for all Pool Bookings
The pool openings meet all provincial and WorkSafeBC guidelines and public health protocols.
Health authorities have stated that there is no evidence COVID-19 can be spread to people through the water in pools, hot tubs, spas or water play areas. All potential users are reminded to stay home when feeling sick.
- Changerooms will be closed; users will be expected to wear their swimsuits to and from the pool and place their belongings on a chair provided at the end of their lane.
- Swimmers will be asked to arrive five to 10 minutes before their scheduled time, confirm their registration, rinse off in the on-deck shower and then enter the pool.
- Masks will not be required because of the ability to physically distance.
- There will be no shared equipment for use at this time.
- All touchpoints, such as shower handles and bathroom doorknobs, will be thoroughly cleaned between sessions.
- Users will be asked to leave promptly after their session to allow time for cleaning before the next group.
- Dive boards will not initially be open.
- No toys from home permitted.
Hours and procedures may be adjusted over time as users and staff become accustomed to the new measures.
Are You Registered for Coquitlam’s Booking System?
Swimming bookings will be made through Coquitlam’s Sign Me Up registration system. Coquitlam residents who are not already signed up should consider creating an account beforehand to avoid delays when registering for swimming. Visit www.coquitlam.ca/registration for a step-by-step process to create a new account.
Supporting Our Community During the Pandemic
The City of Coquitlam is here to help, with these resources:
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/csrp to learn about the City’s Community Support and Recovery Plan, which is providing immediate and long-term support for the non-profit sector, businesses and residents;
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/spirit for a free library of activities for all ages, including fitness, arts and culture, outdoor activities and ways to connect with your community; and
- Visit www.coquitlam.ca/covid19 for updates on City services and initiatives and COVID-19 health resources.
Coquitlam residents and businesses are also encouraged to follow the City of Coquitlam on social media (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter) and download the CoquitlamConnect mobile app for up-to-date City information.