COQUITLAM, B.C., Oct. 8, 2021 – Are you interested in volunteering your time, sharing your expertise and helping your community? The City of Coquitlam is seeking volunteers for its 2022 Advisory Committees in a variety of areas, including culture services, economic development, multiculturalism, sports and recreation, sustainability and environment, and universal accessibility.
Interested in Serving on the Library Board?
Citizens who have had some level of community involvement, knowledge of Board governance, and a general interest in libraries are encouraged to apply. The term of appointment is two years and the appointment is a voluntary position with no remuneration.
About Advisory Committees
Advisory Committees are responsible for providing information, well-considered advice and recommendations for consideration by City Council and staff on specific issues of civic concern. Committees are made up of organization and citizen representatives and one or two Council members, as appointed by Council.
City Council is currently inviting residents to apply to serve on the 2022 Advisory Committees. Citizens who have had some level of community involvement and a general interest in the topic area are encouraged to apply. Terms of appointment are typically one-year, and appointments are voluntary positions with no remuneration.
How to Apply and Criteria
Those interested in this opportunity are required to submit an application demonstrating their passion for the community, as well as any relevant knowledge and experience that they could bring to the committee they are applying to.
- Applicants may not be employees of the City of Coquitlam.
- Applicants who live in the City of Coquitlam are preferred.
- Applicants of any age, race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, political belief, religion, marital status, family status, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, neighbourhood, and income level are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants to an advisory committee should be aware of the required time commitment and be able to commit to meetings for the full term of the appointment (January through December). Terms are typically one year, however, in 2022 the term will run from January thru September due to the General Local Government Election to be held on Saturday, Oct. 15.
- Applicants to the Coquitlam Public Library Board should note that meetings are held 9 times per year on the fourth Wednesday of the month from September to June.
Further information and online applications are available at www.coquitlam.ca/acv2022.
You can also pickup an application package for the Advisory Committees or the Library Board at Coquitlam City Hall, City Clerk’s Office, 2nd Floor, 3000 Guildford Way, Coquitlam, BC.
To be considered, completed applications must be submitted by 9:00 a.m. on Monday, Nov. 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.coquitlam.ca/acv2022, email email@example.com or call 604-927-3010.
Legislative Services Manager
City of Coquitlam