COQUITLAM, B.C., Nov. 1, 2021 – Coquitlam’s Winter 2022 Program Registration will now be separated into two registration periods, one for skating and swimming activities and one for general recreation.
Winter 2022 Registration Dates
- Skating and Swimming Registration
- Programs are viewable online at 8:30 a.m. Sunday, Nov. 7
- Online registration will begin Tuesday, Nov. 9 at 8:30 a.m. through www.coquitlam.ca/registration (available 24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Wednesday, Nov. 10 at 8:30 a.m. in-person or by phone at 604-927-4386 (weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except for statutory holidays), and weekends 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- General Recreation and Fitness Registration
- Programs are viewable online at 8:30 a.m. Monday, Nov. 29
- Online registration will begin Wednesday, Dec. 1 at 8:30 a.m. through www.coquitlam.ca/registration (available 24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Thursday, Dec. 2 at 8:30 a.m. in-person or by phone at 604-927-4386 (weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. except for statutory holidays), and weekends 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Program Registration Evolving in Coquitlam
Throughout the pandemic, Coquitlam has been a leader in creating new and innovative ways to continue to offer recreational activities. Changes in the frequency of registration periods was one of the ways Coquitlam was able to safely navigate the ongoing changes from the Provincial Health Officer. Residents will have seen single-month registration when facilities first re-opened last summer in 2020, with the transition to two-month registration periods for the last half of this year.
As we enter 2022, Coquitlam will be moving to a four-season registration cycle with two separate registration periods. Skating and swimming registration will now be separate from general fitness and recreation registration.
Skating and Swimming Programs Available
Coquitlam offers a variety of skating and swimming options such as:
- Swimming lessons for all ages
- Advanced aquatic lifesaving courses
- Partnership programs for both skating and swimming
- Skating lessons for those two years and older
- Hockey programs for those three years and older
For anyone unsure what level to register for, request a free evaluation during any of our drop-in public skate or swim sessions or bring in your report card from another municipality.
Reminder: One Set at a Time
Skating and swimming lesson participants can only be registered for one set of lessons at a time. You may register your child for the next set of lessons on the last day of the current set.
Please note, your child will be withdrawn from a program(s) if registered in more than one lesson set, or if they are registered in future lesson sets prior to completing the set they are currently registered in.
Health Protocols at City Recreation Facilities
Masks are currently required indoors for anyone age five and older (removal permitted during sports and fitness activities).
Full proof of vaccination, as required by B.C.’s Provincial Health Officer, applies to certain indoor social and recreation activities at Coquitlam recreation centres. For a full list of which activities and events require visitors to be vaccinated, please visit www.coquitlam.ca/covid19 .
Financial Assistance Available for Recreation
It is now easier than ever to access financial support for Coquitlam’s recreation services. The City has relaunched a more user-friendly Financial Assistance for Recreation program – formerly known as Get Connected, Get Active – with easier sign-up and income verification, plus more flexibility than ever. Each year, qualifying Coquitlam residents will receive 50 free drop-in visits, plus a $225 credit they can use for an expanded range of admissions, passes, programs, lessons, exam fees, supplies, equipment rentals and more. For details or to register online, visit www.coquitlam.ca/financialassistancerec.
Keep up-to-date on City news, program offerings and updates:
Community Recreation Manager
City of Coquitlam