COQUITLAM, B.C., Nov. 22, 2021 – Following additional recent changes to the Provincial Health Officer (PHO) Order on Gatherings and Events, the City of Coquitlam has adjusted proof of vaccination requirements for certain recreation activities and events at civic facilities.
Effective immediately, proof of vaccination will be required for two additional areas. While activities other than events in swimming pools continue to be exempt, all spectators at the pool are now required to show proof of vaccination. Effective November 22, 2021, parents in parent-participation programs (other than swimming) will also be required to show their BC Vaccine Cards and photo ID if 18 years or older.
Proof of vaccination using the BC Vaccine Card is required for those 12 years and older and covers:
- Events at City facilities, including recreational programs and activities, with more than 50 people
- Exercise, fitness, dance activities or adult sports of any size
- Drop-in activities and adult sports at arenas and gymnasiums (Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex arenas, Poirier Forum, Pinetree and Centenntial Activity Centre gymnasiums)
- Adult coaches, referees, volunteers and helpers assisting with child or youth sport or programs
- Parents in parent-participation programs, except for swimming programs
- Spectators at events or in or near program areas, including swimming
Proof of vaccination will not be required at the following:
- Recreational programs or activities with less than 50 participants other than those stated above
- Swimming pools (Poirier Sport and Leisure Complex, City Centre Aquatic Complex)
- Child and youth participants in sport and recreational programs provided primarily for those under the age of 22 years
- Before and after school programs
- Teachers/instructors providing education activities with their students in City facilities
- Rehab or exercise therapy programs
- Government activities and services, including voting
For more information on Coquitlam’s current recreation offerings and public health safety measures, visit www.coquitlam.ca/registration.
Stay Up to Date on City Projects and Initiatives
Stay up to date about City news and service changes by:
EOC Public Information Officer