COQUITLAM, B.C., Nov. 29, 2021 – Registration for Coquitlam’s Winter 2022 general recreation and fitness programs begins on Dec. 1, 2021 at 8:30 a.m. Registration for winter swimming and skating programs is already open.
- General Recreation and Fitness Programs, January to March 2022
- Monday, Nov. 29 – Programs are viewable online
- Wednesday, Dec. 1 – Online registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 2 – Phone-in and in-person registration begins at 8:30 a.m.
Online registration is available 24/7 at www.coquitlam.ca/registration. Phone-in registration is available at 604-927-4386, weekdays 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. (except for statutory holidays) and weekends 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Types of Registered Programs Available
Coquitlam has a variety of general recreation and fitness opportunities available, including:
- Adult talks and workshops
- Beginner-friendly, low-impact fitness classes
- Early years, kids and youth art, dance and sports programs
- Prenatal yoga and 4 U & Baby bootcamp, cycle and yoga
- Virtual fitness programs such as Pilates, yoga, low-impact and Latin dance
- Youth art, dance and sports programs
Search through all available programs in the SignMeUp registration system at www.coquitlam.ca/registration. Click on the SignMeUp image to open a new window and search the programs.
Health Protocols at City Recreation Facilities
Masks are currently required indoors for anyone age five and older (removal permitted during sport and fitness activities).
Full proof of vaccination, as required by B.C.’s Provincial Health Officer, applies to certain indoor social and recreation activities at Coquitlam recreation centres. For a full list of activities and events that require visitors to be vaccinated, please visit www.coquitlam.ca/covid19 .
Financial Assistance Available for Recreation
It is now easier than ever to access financial support for Coquitlam’s recreation services. The City has relaunched a more user-friendly Financial Assistance for Recreation program – formerly known as Get Connected, Get Active – with easier sign-up and income verification plus more flexibility than ever. Each year, qualifying Coquitlam residents will receive 50 free drop-in visits plus a $225 credit they can use for an expanded range of admissions, passes, programs, lessons, exam fees, supplies, equipment rentals and more. For details or to register online, visit www.coquitlam.ca/financialassistancerec.
Keep up-to-date on City news, program offerings and updates:
Community Recreation Manager
City of Coquitlam