Yes! You must follow these guidelines when planning your block party.
- Block parties must take place outdoors on private property in Coquitlam.
- You must establish a safety plan that adheres to all of the Provincial Health Officer’s orders, notices and guidelines to ensure appropriate physical distancing during your block party.
- Fireworks are not permitted unless you obtain a permit from Coquitlam Fire & Rescue.
- All recyclables and garbage must be properly disposed of at the end of the event.
- Any outdoor amplified sound (music played through speakers) must end by 10 p.m.
- The primary purpose of a block party must be for the enjoyment and benefit of the surrounding neighborhood in order to be eligible for the Block Party Grant.
- For example, garage sales and birthday parties are not eligible for the grant.