Yes! The City is offering a $150 grant to approved block party organizers. We recommend using the grant towards supporting local businesses. The grant funds may be used for food and equipment; however, it cannot be used towards the purchase of alcohol. Coquitlam households are eligible for one block party grant per year.
Grant funds will be awarded based on the following:
- The block party establishes a safety plan that adheres to all of the Provincial Heath Officers orders, notices and guidelines to ensure appropriate physical distancing.
- An approved block party application.
- The primary purpose of the block party is for the enjoyment and benefit of the surrounding neighborhood.
- A submitted Block Party Evaluation, no later than two weeks following the block party.
- An emailed photo of the block party.
The City reserves the right to refuse the Block Party Grant to block parties that:
- Do not adhere to the Provincial Heath Officers orders, notices and guidelines.
- Do not meet the Block Party Guidelines.
- Receive neighbour complaints.
- Do not comply with the intent of the Block Party Program.