home-alertCOVID-19: Things are evolving daily and the page below may not be current, get the latest updates on City facilities, services and programs at coquitlam.ca/covid19.

Note also that many services are available online to continue to serve the community at this time.

Development Permits & Applications

Depending on the location of the property and type of development, a Development Planning Application may be required.

Overview | Development Variance Permits | Subdivision | Official Community Plan Amendments | Rezoning & Zoning Bylaw Text Amendments | Pre-Application | Sign Permits | Development Permits 

Building Permits

Prior to building or making changes to your home or property, check here for information regarding the use of land, buildings and structures, City Bylaws related to building on your property,obtaining building permits and inspections, and Building Permit Bulletins.

Building Permit Bulletins | Good Neighbour Construction 

Conservation Permits

A Conservation Permit is required when moving, removing or depositing soil in excess of 500 cubic metres or when changing the grade of a property by more than one metre.

Business Licences

The City of Coquitlam requires every person carrying on, maintaining, owning or operating within the City any profession, business, trade or occupation, to hold a valid business licence.

Dog Licences

The first step to responsible dog ownership is licensing your dog. A dog licence helps protect your pet by providing an easy-to-identify dog tag and registration with the Coquitlam Animal Shelter. Apply for a New Dog Licen​ce or renew an existing one.

Encroachment Permits & Agreements

From time to time, it is necessary or desirable for property owners, residents, developers or businesses to encroach into City owned and/or controlled land.

Exemption Permits

Forms for requesting a Truck Route Exemption Permit or Noise Bylaw Exemption Permit.

Road & Sidewalk Closure Permit

A Road & Sidewalk Closure Permit is needed whenever work requires the use of City road right-of-ways. The City must grant approval before any travel lane or sidewalk be closed.

Driveway Access Permit

“Driveway access” means the area between the roadway or street and required parking spaces which provide an approach to the parking spaces.