Road & Sidewalk Closure Permit

home-alertCOVID-19: Things are evolving daily and the page below may not be current, get the latest updates on City facilities, services and programs at

Note also that many services are available online to continue to serve the community at this time.

A Road & Sidewalk Closure Permit is needed whenever work requires the use of City road right-of-ways. The City must grant approval before any travel lane or sidewalk be closed. To obtain a permit, an application form must be filled out and submitted a minimum of 5 business days prior to the intended closure date. All emailed application packages should be submitted in pdf format. 

In addition, the following must be provided:

  1. Permit Fee - $​75.00 / event
  2. Traffic Control Plan - A Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways Figure Number or a sketch indicating signage, taper lengths, direction of traffic, work area, and north arrow.
  3. Prime Contractor Designation - A completed and signed City of Coquitlam Prime Contractor Designation letter is required.
  4. Certificate of Insurance - A certificate of insurance with proof of commercial general liability insurance valid for the duration of the permit and naming the City of Coquitlam as additional insured. 

For more information, please contact the Traffic Operations Division.

Traffic Operations Division

Phone: 604-927-6250