​Community Amenity Contributions

home-alertCOVID-19: Things are evolving daily and the page below may not be current, get the latest updates on City facilities, services and programs at coquitlam.ca/covid19.

Note also that many services are available online to continue to serve the community at this time.

Background Information

The City of Coquitlam’s Community Amenity Contribution (CAC) program applies city-wide for all new residential development that requires rezoning. CAC revenue collected from new development and is used to help fund the capital cost of major new parks, recreation and cultural facilities needed in Coquitlam to keep pace with population growth.

Frequently Asked Questions

Expand all

  • What is a CAC Program?

  • Who Pays CACs?

  • How Long is the Program Grace Period?

  • When Does the CAC Program Apply?

  • What Kind of Projects Will the CACs Fund?

  • What are the CAC Rates?

  • How Much Revenue Might the City Receive From CACs?

Planning & Development Department

Email: planninganddevelopment@coquitlam.ca
Phone: 604-927-3430