The property tax due date is July 4, covering the period of January 1 through December 31.
- Select which column you need to pay on your Property Tax Bill - A, B or C
- Make your payment
- Claim your Home Owner Grant (if eligible)
You don't have to wait in line to pay in person at City Hall, you can save time and pay your property taxes via a number of options.
- On your bank’s internet banking site, set up a new bill payment for Coquitlam Taxes using the 8-digit folio/roll number from your Property Tax Notice.
- Via credit card, subject to a two per cent processing fee
- Please ensure the transaction is completed 2 to 3 days prior to due date.
At Your Bank
- Property Tax Bills are payable at most banks or credit unions using the 8-digit folio/roll number from your Property Tax Notice.
- Please keep the stamped copy of your bill for proof of payment.
- Mail your cheque to:
City of Coquitlam
3000 Guildford Way
Coquitlam, BC V3B 7N2
- Cheques post-dated up to the due date are accepted.
- Envelopes must bear a Canada Post postmark prior to the due date. Do not mail cash.
If you would like to use a credit card to pay your Property Tax Bill, visit the Online Property Tax Payment page. You will need both the Folio number and the Access Code from the top of your Property Tax Bill.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express credit cards.
We do not accept credit card payments over the telephone.
Credit Card payments are subject to a 2 per cent processing fee.
Secure Drop Box
Drop off cheques post-dated up to the due date 24 hours a day to the following locations (do not deposit cash):
- City Hall (3000 Guildford Way): Inside the underground parking entrance off Burlingtorn Drive, or adjacent to the Buchanan Square entrance
- Poirier Sports and Leisure Complex (633 Poirier St.): Main entrance facing Poirier
In Person at City Hall
- Revenue Services Counter
3000 Guildford Way
Coquitlam BC V3B 7N2
- Monday through Friday
8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque and debit.
- If you are using a debit card, please check with your bank to ensure that the transaction will not exceed your daily withdrawal limit.
Property Tax Prepayment Plan
Consider joining our Pre-Authorized Prepayment Plan for Property Taxes.