Please note that all in-person UAAC meetings are scent free.
*Meetings are subject to change without notice.
Agendas and Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
- Councillor Teri Towner, Chair
- Councillor Matt Djonlic, Vice Chair
- Canadian Council for the Blind (BC-Yukon) – Pat Roy (Alternate: Kiyo Breiting)
- Community Ventures Society – Pete Stone (Alternate: Linda King)
- SHARE Family and Community Services – Ross Renaud (Alternate: Jodie Wickens)
- Tri-Cities Seniors Action Society – Susan Williamson (Alternate: Elaine de Koning)
- Julianne (Jewels) Cressman
- Dana Ebtekar
- Paul Jarvie
- Alex Kwan
- Heather Lawson
- Benjamin Perry
- Georgette Reyes
The Universal Access-Ability Advisory Committee’s mandate is to provide a local and universal accessibility perspective and advice to Council with respect to achieving the City of Coquitlam’s strategic goals and accompanying strategic directions toward universal accessibility:
- To continue to make the City more inclusive for existing and future residents with disabilities by addressing the physical, social and attitudinal barriers which impede their full participation in all aspects of City life
- To provide advice to Council about the development of City policies and programs to educate and inform on matters affecting residents with disabilities and/or physical or mental challenges and universal accessibility
- To review design plans for civic buildings and public spaces and provide advice to Council to ensure the needs of persons with disabilities are considered with the goal of universal access
- To provide advice to Council about the development of City policies and programs to ensure the needs of existing and future residents living with disabilities are considered (e.g., transportation, housing, capital programs, leisure and parks services, environment)
If you are looking for information and resources on accessibility in Coquitlam, please visit our Accessibility page.
The Committee’s annual Work Plan is approved by Council.