COQUITLAM, B.C., Aug. 3, 2022 – Coquitlam residents of all ages can learn about local sports opportunities, test their skills and play sports games on Saturday, Aug. 20 at the City’s popular Sports Fair.
The annual event brings together a wide variety of community sporting associations with members of the public who want to try out new sports, find out what local sports groups have to offer, and discover fun ways to stay active.
This year’s free fair will take place outdoors rain or shine at Town Centre Park’s North Field #6 on Aug. 20 from 1 to 3 p.m.
A Sport for Everyone
The Sports Fair is one of the Spotlight on Sport initiatives from the Coquitlam in Bloom program. This is an annual community involvement event to grow sports in Coquitlam.
Everyone from children to older adults are invited to attend the free event, which will include sports group booths, try-it stations and free slushies. Visit www.coquitlam.ca/towncentrepark for a map of free parking at Town Centre Park.
Twenty-one sports groups will take part on Aug. 20, including:
- Adanacs Field Lacrosse
- Bamboo Fitness & Martial Arts
- BC Aquasonics (BCAQ)
- Blind Sports BC
- City of Coquitlam Park Spark
- City of Coquitlam Spotlight on Sport
- Coquitlam Express
- Coquitlam Metro Ford Soccer Club
- Coquitlam Minor Hockey Association
- Coquitlam Minor Softball Association
- Coquitlam Moody Ringette Association
- Coquitlam Skating Club
- Coquitlam Tennis Club (CTC)
- Special Olympics Coquitlam
- TORCA – Tri-Cities Off Road Cycling Association
- Tricity Futsal Academy
- Tri-Cities Female Ice Hockey Association
- Tri-Cities Oldtimers Hockey League
- Vancouver Ultimate League
- West Coast Radio Control Aircraft Flyers
- Windies Sports & Cultural Association
Those interested in attending are encouraged to R.S.V.P. to the City of Coquitlam Facebook event page for updates and reminders.
Learn more about the Spotlight on Sport initiative at www.coquitlam.ca/spotlightonsport.