Work is nearing completion on the much-anticipated lit artificial turf field at Centennial Secondary. The field is now open for play, with a spotters booth to be complete by early May 2022. Email Bookings if you like to book the field for play.
Located at Poirier Street and Winslow Avenue, the state-of-the-art field will be used by students during school hours and by the community at other non-school times through a joint-use agreement between the City and School District 43 - Coquitlam.
The eagerly-awaited project, which will bring Coquitlam its seventh artificial turf field, is the result of one of several joint-use agreements between the City and School District 43 (SD43) that pool resources to bring improved amenities to schools and the community.
The detailed design addresses feedback from the community and school district and includes the following:
- An artificial turf field with lines to accommodate seasonal sports including football, soccer, field hockey, and lacrosse;
- Lighting for night games;
- Pedestrian connections to the high school and Poirier Street;
- Accessible connections for those with mobility challenges to the adjacent parking lot and Poirier Street;
- Spectator bleachers; and
- Landscaping, plantings, drinking fountain and benches.
The turf field is open for play. The spotters booth is anticipated to be complete by May 2022.