We will be upgrading Pipeline Road (JPEG) from Guildford Way to David Avenue. This project will:
- Improve safety and accessibility for pedestrians, cyclists and drivers;
- Increase road capacity;
- Improve aesthetics and lighting;
- Improve pedestrian facilities; and
- Improve access to Town Centre Park.
As part of the project:
- Pipeline Road between Guildford Way and David Avenue will be widened to accommodate four lanes of vehicle traffic with dedicated left turn lanes;
- A new 4.0-metre-wide asphalt multi-use pathway will be constructed along the west side of the road; and
- Additional improvements including new street and pathway lighting, new landscaped centre medians, and new street trees and plantings.
Metro Vancouver's Coquitlam Water Main Project
To meet the growing demand for drinking water in the region, Metro Vancouver is constructing a new water main in Coquitlam. The project will be constructed in sections starting with the Robson to Guildford Section in 2022.
Metro Vancouver will complete water main construction in coordination with the City of Coquitlam’s Pipeline Road Upgrade Project. Once both projects are complete, the City of Coquitlam will lead restoration and tree replanting in Town Centre Park.
Learn more about Metro Vancouver’s Coquitlam Water Main Project – Robson to Guildford Section.
To stay informed by the City about the Pipeline Road Upgrade Project, monitor this page visit or sign up for Pipeline Road Upgrade Project updates or follow the City’s social media channels, including Facebook and Twitter for news and information.