Born and raised in the Tri-Cities, Matt has lived in Coquitlam for the last sixteen years, graduating from Terry Fox Secondary and then Simon Fraser University. Matt comes from a family of Croatian immigrants on his dad’s side and is a status citizen of the Métis Nation through his mom.
Matt has worked in the Provincial Government in areas of housing, mental health, and finance. Currently he lives in the Town Centre neighbourhood with his partner Natalie.
His involvement in the community includes:
- Eight years as a Coquitlam Public Library Board trustee
- Member of the Evergreen Line Public Art Task Force
- Volunteer with the SHARE Food Bank
- Member of the Riverview Horticultural Centre Society
- Volunteer with Coquitlam Legion
- Member of the Cultural Services Advisory Committee