Coquitlam Fire/Rescue Services responds to emergencies and protects the safety of citizens and property throughout the community. Key responsibilities include:
- Fighting structure and wildland fires
- Responding to medical emergencies, motor-vehicle incidents and requests for public assistance
- Providing specialized and technical rescues, such as those involving heights, industry, confined space, trench and water
- Responding to hazardous materials incidents
- Delivering fire prevention and education programs such as school education, fire extinguisher training, fire reduction instruction, juvenile fire-setter interventions and public relations events
- Conducting inspections in multi-family, industrial, institutional and commercial buildings for compliance to the Fire Code and related life safety regulations
The department operates from four firehalls distributed throughout Coquitlam.