Coquitlam strives to make recreation affordable and accessible. Formally known as the Get Connected Get Active (GCGA) program, Coquitlam’s Financial Assistance for Recreation (FAR) program is available for eligible Coquitlam residents.
Each eligible family member will receive:
- 50 drop-in passes and;
- $225 credit towards City of Coquitlam admissions, passes and programs
With the application, provide your Proof of Coquitlam Residency and Income Verification – note that total family income is used.
What is Total Family Income?
- Total Family Income means total combined income, before taxes, by all family members in Canada and abroad who contribute to the household income and expenses
- This includes income from: employment of all types, all investments, pensions, child support payments, foster child support payments, rental revenues, funds in trust, disability benefits, worker’s compensation, foreign investments and income and benefits or pension and other financial sources
If you are a Coquitlam resident and meet income requirements:
- Complete the application form
- Attach proof of Coquitlam residency – A current bill within two months of applying that contains your name and address or government issued ID
- Attach income verification to confirm you meet the Low Income Cut-off level for the size of your household (refer to qualifying income levels chart below):
- Income Statement (Option C print not NOA) for each family member who contributes to the household income and expenses OR
- Main Applicant Proof of government assistance OR
- Main Applicant Proof of receiving Compass Card (Red) OR
- Completed Adjudicator or Agency signature Section of application
Qualifying Income Levels
|Low Income Cut-offs (LICO) 2020|
Family: One or two adult(s) married or common-law partners and their legal dependents aged 18 and younger.
Statistics Canada. Table 11-10-0241-01 Low Income Cut-offs (LICOs) before tax by community size (100,000 to 499.999) and family size, in current dollars.
Complete the online Financial Assistance for Recreation Application Form.
If you would prefer to download the application form you can do so here:
Our Application Checklist (PDF) can walk you step by step through the process.
Frequently Asked Questions
The following Frequently Asked Questions (PDF) will assist you in completing the Financial Assistance for Recreation Application and accessing the program’s benefits.