Through an innovative three-party partnership the City of Coquitlam, the YMCA of Greater Vancouver and Concert Properties completed the Bettie Allard YMCA and other associated civic amenities in Burquitlam.
The facility and surrounding area includes:
- A 55,000-square-foot YMCA with an indoor pool, gym, fitness studios and equipment, multi-purpose space, child minding, a family development centre and other amenities
- A 3,700-square-foot Community Policing Station
- A 222-stall underground parkade, including 115 stalls for the YMCA, 76 for the Park-and-Ride, 31 shared by the Park-and-Ride and rental housing visitors and seven for the Community Policing Station
- 2.25 acres of new parkland, including the expansion of Cottonwood Park and a redesigned Burquitlam Park
- Transportation improvements such as new multi-use paths and an upgraded and realigned Emerson Street
- Residential rental and strata towers developed by Concert Properties, with 100 non-market rental suites operated in partnership with 43 Housing Society
While not a City-owned facility, the Bettie Allard YMCA and surrounding amenities add to the City’s recreation offerings. In addition, Coquitlam residents can enjoy 15 hours of fitness access and 30 hours of aquatic access at City drop-in rates.
For more information on the Bettie Allard YMCA, its Resident Access Rates and facility memberships, visit the Bettie Allard YMCA site.
Find out how the YMCA’s swim levels relate to the Lifesaving Society’s levels that Coquitlam uses, please view our Swimming Lesson Conversion chart (PDF).