Criteria for Posting Events
This calendar offers community groups the opportunity to promote upcoming special events and festivals. This calendar is not intended for the promotion of regular programs or instructional workshops.
All submissions are subject to approval. The City of Coquitlam reserves the right to refuse any submission. Only approved submissions will be contacted.
- Event must take place in Coquitlam
- Event must be hosted by a registered charity or not-for-profit organization
- Event must be open to the public and does not require membership
- Primary purpose of the event must be for entertainment
- Primary purpose of the event must not be based on the sale of products or services.
- Sporting event submissions must be at a provincial, national or international championship level
- Event must not promote or represent racist, illegal, discriminatory points of view, or human rights violations
- Event must not promote religious groups or political parties, political candidates and/or deemed political in nature
- Submissions must received at least 10 business days in advance but no more than 2 months prior of the event start date
- The City of Coquitlam reserves the right to feature events that do not meet the above criteria, yet highlight a unique aspect of the community
Complete the online Event Calendar Submission Form.
The Festival and Events Calendar is provided as a public service. The content of an event posting is the responsibility of the submitter. The City of Coquitlam accepts no responsibility for the information contained in any message approved for posting in this calendar, or any damages caused by the posting of incorrect or inappropriate information.
The City reserves the right to review, edit messages for grammar and clarity, and the right to refuse any message in our absolute discretion.
Any personal information that is collected on this form will be managed in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the collection, use, disclosure or safe-guarding of personal information associated with this website, please call Kathleen Vincent, Manager, Communications and Civic Engagement at 604-218-1319.