Use the Low Income Cut-offs table to determine if you qualify.
If you do, then you can get proof of income several ways:
- Online: Get a proof of income statement right away from the Canada Revenue Services Agency website in ‘My Account.’
- Order through MyCRA web app
- By mail: Phone 1-800-267-6999
- Automated line is always open and a statement will be mailed
- To verify your identity before you call you’ll need:
- Social Insurance Number
- Full name and date of birth
- Your complete address
- Line 15000 from your most recent tax assessment
- This method may take up to 10 days to receive by mail
- Notice of assessment (NOA), T1 General or T4 statement CANNOT be used to replace this document.
- You need to submit Income Statements for all adult members of the family who contribute to the household.
Qualifying Income Levels
|Low Income Cut-offs (LICO) 2020|
|Family Size||Family Income|
Family: One or two adult(s) married or common-law partners and their legal dependents aged 18 and younger
Statistics Canada. Table 11-10-0241-01 Low Income Cut-offs (LICOs) before tax by community size (100,000 to 499.999) and family size, in current dollars